D.P. Tool & Machine, Inc. is searching for Senior & Jr.-Mid Level QA Engineers to join our growing manufacturing team. The ideal candidate should have the ability to inspect turned/machined components to GD&T drawing specifications using a CMM, Vision System and manual measuring instruments. The ability to program a CMM with PC-DMIS or Zeiss Calypso Software is preferred, and training is available if needed. Provide day-to-day Quality Assurance Engineering support to the Manufacturing and Engineering Teams. Create quality plans as applicable to ISO9001:2008 standards. Ensure that all products conform to the established QMS requirements, and are properly maintained and documented.
- Inspect First Article parts, in-process, and final inspection stage.
- Write CMM Part programs. (PC-DMIS - Zeiss Calypso)
- Audit current QMS processes and implement continuous improvement goals.
Assist writting training procedures and educate the team.
- Handle CAR's, SCAR's and Deviation requests as needed.
- Fully resolve quality issues/discrepancies. This includes, but is not limited to, working with cross-functional teams, collecting and analyzing data, taking appropriate action as a result of data analysis, and communicating with management, suppliers and customers.
- Responsible for understanding customer performance/quality requirements, measuring our performance against these requirements, taking action when needed, and communicating to appropriate parties.
- Perform internal audits of department processes to ensure conformance to QMS requirements, and reporting the results.
- Investigate root cause of non-conforming/defective product. This includes generating failure analysis reports, reviewing parts, manufacturing processes, materials, disposition product, implementing corrective and preventive actions, and verifying the overall effectiveness.
- Review customer prints or drawings and generate quality/process plans.
- Receiving Inspection activities as needed.
Job Qualifications - Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, or Applied Sciences is preferred, (OR) Years of Quality Related work experience, and successfully held a Quality Engineering Position with similar requirements. Six Sigma knowledge a plus.
- Minimum two years related Quality Assurance Engineering experience a plus.
- Knowledge of quality and industry standards. ISO 9001:2008, AS9100, Machining practices, Blueprint reading, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, analyze, articulate and present technical information in both written and verbal forms.
- Demonstrated ability to develop excellent working relationships with management, operators, customers, and suppliers.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Develop and present Statistical analyses, control & capability charts and histograms as required. (QC Calc. Software)