D.P. Tool & Machine, Inc. is looking for a Quality Technician to join our growing manufacturing team. The QT would be responsible for conducting first article, in process, and final inspection of machined products using a variety of manual measuring instruments, gages, and CMM’s as required. Knowledge of GD&T, blue print reading, statistics, sampling, gauging methods, & process control is preferred. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a Microsoft Windows environment, and have adequate computer skills to maintain inspection reports, records, and operating system entries.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Inspect First Article parts, in-process, and final inspection stage.
· Runs approved CMM Part programs and operates manual CMM(s)and other inspection instruments.
· Audit current processes and implement continuous improvement goals.
· Ensure all gages and tools are in working order and are currently in calibration.
· Review job packets for required paperwork and documentation.
· Assist production in sorting, de-burring, reworking, and cleaning parts as needed.
· Data Entry with respect to Quality Assurance items
· Material handling with skid jacks (with crane and / or Tow Motor if licensed)
· AA/AS/AAS, quality certification, apprenticeship, or previous work experience that applies to Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering.
· Minimum of 1 year experience in the machining industry.
· Mechanical inspection experience, ability to use micrometers, optical comparators, and calipers.
· Knowledge of GD&T, blue print reading, statistics, sampling, gauging methods, & process control is preferred.
· Computer competence in Microsoft Windows environment, familiarity with Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook
· Goal oriented person with planning and execution skills and willingness to learn.